We Are Seeking Submissions For
MYSTERY WRITERS IN THE MAUSOLEUM
(by lamp oil light inside the park's 100-year-old mausoleum)
7 pm Wednesday, October 21, 2015
Themes include: Suspense, Who-Dun-It, Supernatural (vampires, goblins, ghosts, etc.)
Sonoma County writers are invited to submit stories for our annual reading. Designed for all ages, this October event is held in our Alaskan Marble Odd Fellows Mausoleum.
This event has grown each year. Last year's attendance was standing room only and included work submitted my members of the Redwood Writers and Nor Cal Sisters in Crime.
- Stories should take between 6-10 minutes to read aloud.
- If an excerpt of larger body of work, it must be able to stand alone.
- Submit as word document or pdf by September 30, 2015 to Folk@FolkHeartPress.com .
- Selected writers will be notified by October 3, 21015.
- If selected please be prepared to provide a jpeg photo and bio for promotional purposes.
There will be an intermission and authors will have an opportunity to sell their books in the park’s Rose Corridor.
Please note that because the mausoleum has no electricity, it can be chilly. We advise you to dress warmly.
This evening is a collaboration with FolkHeart Press.