Recently I read this post about the best credit cards to use when traveling. I thought it was worth reposting.
CardHub today released its list of the Best Travel Credit Cards for 2013, selected from more than 1,000 different offers, in order to help consumers save as winter vacation planning gets into full swing in advance of the busy holiday season.
With nearly 60% of consumers expected to take a vacation this holiday season and the price of both airfare and lodging higher than last year, it’s clear that we could all use a few hundred extra dollars during this expensive time of the year. The right credit card offers just that, thanks to historically lucrative initial rewards bonus and 0% financing deals, but taking advantage of such perks this winter necessitates starting the application process as soon as possible.
You can find a quick summary of CardHub’s choices for 2013’s Best Winter Travel Credit Cards listed below. More information about each card offer as well as additional money-saving travel tips can be found here:http://www.cardhub.com/best-travel-credit-cards/.
Best All-Around Travel Credit Cards
· BarclayCard Arrival Card: $400 initial travel rewards bonus & effectively 2% cash back on everything when you redeem for travel-related expenses
· Chase Sapphire Preferred Card: $400-500 initial bonus
Best Airline Credit Cards
· Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card: 50,000 bonus points = 2 free round-trip domestic flights
· Lufthansa Credit Card: 50,000 bonus miles = 2 free round-trip domestic flights or 1 round-trip international flight, 1 free companion ticket after first purchase
· PenFed Premium Travel Rewards Credit Card: $200 initial bonus & 5 points per $1 spent on airfare
Best Hotel Credit Cards
· Club Carlson Premier Rewards: 85,000 bonus points = up to 18 free nights, 10 points per $1 at Carlson properties, 40,000 bonus points each account anniversary
· HHonors Surpass Credit Card: 60,000 bonus points = up to 12 free nights, 12 points per $1 at Hilton properties
· Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card: 50,000 bonus points = up to 7 free nights, 1 additional free night upon account approval, another free night on your account anniversary, 5 points per $1 spent at Marriott properties.
Best Roadtrip Credit Cards
· PenFed Platinum Rewards Credit Card: 5 points per $1 on gas at any station, 3 points per $1 on groceries through Dec. 31
· Blue Cash Preferred from American Express: $150 initial bonus, 6% cash back at supermarkets, 3% on gas and department stores